Fostering an energy aware culture within the Air Force is critical to optimizing our fuel consumption. We develop educational and training materials that highlight the importance of operational energy for readiness and combat capability, while demonstrating how increased efficiencies lead to more combat engagement time, more training opportunities for Airmen, and lower sustainment costs.
We work with Air Education and Training Command, Air University, the Air Force Academy, and Major Commands, to include our operational energy materials in their curriculum where relevant.
Through strategic engagement and awareness campaigns, we strive to increase Airmen’s understanding of smart fuel consumption and the benefits it provides to the Air Force.
We communicate through a number of methods including:
- Digital content – We publish on our website and social media (Facebook and Twitter).
- News and feature articles – We publish on AF.mil and in relevant newsletters (such as Surge and Data Bytes).
- Awareness campaigns – We participate in the joint campaign Energy Action Month each October.
- Print materials – We share brochures and informational leave-behinds with industry and Department of Defense senior leaders.
- Speaking engagements - The Deputy Asst. Secretary of Air Force Operational Energy and senior team members regularly speak at industry conferences and Air Force events, like the Airlift Tanker Association Symposium (A/TA), the Air Force Association’s Air, Space and Cyber Conference, and NATO technical meetings.
- Industry meetings – Our team frequently meets with commercial and industry leaders to stay on top of the latest developments in aircraft fuel optimization to determine beneficial energy solutions for the Air Force.
Would you like to include our content in your training or awareness campaign? Let us know.